Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Franken-Cookies


To lessen the intense arguement of who-will-write-the-blog, we are switching paragraphs!! Mike here will start things off, and I, Meagan-the-best-blogger-of-all, will follow second.

Well to start things off, Happy Halloween to everyone especially to humble Meagan above. We celebrated it this year by making frankenstein cookies for our friends in the ward. The reasoning behind it was because someone left treats at our house and put Boo on our door and told us we had to spread the wealth by giving treats to other people. This Frankenstein idea was Mike's. He has the most creative and innovative mind in the family. Practically perfect. Anyway.

You learn a few things about yourself and whereabouts when you open your door and there is a "Boo" on it. 1. You are mormon, in a mormon community, with crazy mormons that do crazy neighboorhood "closer-togetherness" activities in hopes of making everyone feel loved, hopefully this works. 2. You find the need to be excessively creative, which is Meagan's forte, thank you very much, with a little help from 'parenting' magazine. I still have no idea why we are subscribed to the magazine in the first place. Probably because I had a baby!!! The hospital signed us up no doubt.

So we made the "cookies", by making rice krispy treats and then putting them into the fridge to cool. Meagan was rushing me to stir the marshmallows and to this day I don't know why. Anyway, maybe she was hungry. Then we made white chocolate frosting and I bought candies to put on the faces for the eyes, ear, mouth, and nose. Stop doing head shoulders knees and toes. I know you were. Anyway. We then cooled them and took them to the neighbors. I can't describe how funny it was watching Meagan run from the door and the neighbors not even being there. It was an official kodak moment.

Mike-y dear forgot to mention the challenge of frosting the darn things. And he, being a man and all, proclaimed it my duty, and it was not pretty. So, we hope the lucky neighbors didn't catch us, and we hope they are thinking we have children old enough to do such things. Also, Mike forgot to copy the BOO sign, instruction sheet, and 2 (yep, 2) poems. (One saying, and I quote "May the only ghost that comes to stay, Be the Holy Ghost to guide your way) Ah....gotta love it. Anyway, so because we only had 24 hours to be good neighbors, we made our own signs. And didn't revive the poems. So...I guess you could say we started our own chain. Hopefully we got the instruction part right... And people will know we started it because the BOO sign on our door we printed in Blue ink, and gave the neighbors BOO signs in orange ink. We are out of Black.....so... our signs don't really looked copied. HA! oh well.....

Well, this weekend we're headed to Utah to see Meagan's family. It will be the most exciting experience of my life (hehe). We are so excited to see family(actually just Mitchell is). HEHEHEHEHHEHEHE!

6 comments:

Grandma said...

nice cookies. also nice poem. Maybe Elder Abbott and I will use that one this weekend.

Amy said...

GO NITTANY LIONS! (Love Blair of course)

Amy said...

Oh my gosh! You two are cutest ever. But I have to agree with Meagan (the best blogger in the world) about the frosting. That is by far the hardest job.

Christopher Leach said...

that's why you just skip the rice krispy treats and eat the frosting.

Anonymous said...

What a cute idea. I loved the treats, they looked so good. I hope you kept some for yourselves. Happy Halloween!

Jen Taylor said...

Holy heck Meagan! You're already skinny again! I'm just so durn jealous. We all know I'm gonna be like 70 lbs heavier when I have kids... lame! Ok, well you look super cute, and so do your cookies, and sorry Mike, but Meagan's always the genius, you know it's true.