Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Glory Days

This week I had the opportunity to go through my old stuff in the attic. Er...basement. And brought all of it home!, much to Mike's dismay. He should be happy I didn't place every doll and stuffed bunny on the back of the bed. Haha.

Okay, fair warning, this has potential to be a long post, so before I forget, lets briefly recap halloween. We went to Utah, which was so fun. Mitch loves being the center of attention, and he's a flirt. So between my mom, Amy, Emma, and Madeline- Mitch had the time of his life. We dressed him up as a gangster. Not trying to say anything, thanks mom, just being lazy.... it required no sewing, shopping, or creativity-really.







This happens to be my favorite picture thus far. "Gwamma.... Is that you??"

So the basement. Mom gave us lots of fun childrens books, trying to make up for the long lost 'grandma' books that disappeared post traverse mountain. And Mitch is starting to look at the pictures! Reading becomes more fun everyday.

Also I found one yearbook, who knows where the other 5 are. 7th grade. Possibly the worst year ever. At least fashion and hair wise. For those of you who can't remember the catastrophe, this is what I looked like (as small as possible, please glance and move on....)

Sad, sad, sad. It was fun to go through and look at all the '2 cool 2 be 4 gotten' and 'INVU4URAQT' comments. With my personal commentary and editing. For example. Some guy wrote "Meagan, you are one ___ babe. I luv u" I took a black sharpie and covered up the blank. I'm guessing it said, hott, at worst sexy. But apparently it was too offensive to leave in. I even wrote "bad language" in parentithesis next to this comment. Ha ha. I guess that is expected when you let stinks, and have panacakes for breakfrest. Also, one random girls picture had a heart around her, drawn with a yellow highlighter. And her name was highlighted as well as the perpetrators. I wrote, by the side of her picture, "Everything in yellow is Symon's signature." Thank you Meagan from the past, for keeping things so clean and orderly.

Mom found her old homecoming and prom dresses. They were lovely. And somewhat see-through, and somewhat low-cut. Mom placed the dresses on hangers, and hung them in Amy's closet. Amy found them Sunday morning, "Does she want me to wear them? Like, to church??" We guessed yes, and Amy and I played dress up. We were going to wear them to church, but I couldn't nurse in mine, and Amy doesn't like her back showing.

Emma found one of my old dolls. One of my favorites, actually. Amy had 2, and Emma had one, and we all played together. Her name was Katherine, and I called her Kat. for short. Grandma gave her to me for my birthday one year, along with a yellow crying towel. I guess I was an emotional child (not much as changed, really) and cried a lot. I don't remember that part. I just remember thinking Grandma was kidding, she wouldn't dare...., and then really, truly, opening a towel immediately deemed the 'crying towel'

Well, I guess that's it. I revived my frank, and got some new pages starting in January. We are extremely excited for Cheri, Mike's sister, and her engagement. And to spend a week in Ohio, showing Mitch off to all Mike's relatives that have not met him yet. And the dentist. Tommorrow, actually. Personally I hope for less than 3 cavities. Keep your fingers crossed.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

well Meagan, you can wear that yellow dress whenever you feel like it. Meagan, your hair still looks like it did in elementary.

Grandma said...

Loved the prom dresses. Amy wanted some retro clothes. Can't remember why you needed a crying towel, but I do remember getting it for you. What fun! Mike is adorable. I'm glad that you got to spend time with your mom. Love you all.

Amy said...

Loved the dresses when Kristi wore them and love them now. You two look so hot in those dresses, I am thinking of making that picture my new Desktop wallpaper. Although the picture of Mitch is a close second choice.

Tara said...

Meagan - stop showing off your post-baby figure. I had Lily 18 months ago and I am bigger than ever!

Meagan said...

Ha! That picture of Mitch is our wallpaper! I'm just a little upset my 7th grade disaster isn't a candidate....
And, Tara, you are pregnant!!!! So I'm still trying to figure out how that makes any sense.

Anonymous said...

I love all the pictures you put up. I've been married 2 1/2 years and I still have tons of stuff at my mom's house. Everytime I go she tells me to take something.
What is your address? I was just thinking I might send you a little something in the mail. For Christmas maybe? But I would send it so you could get it before Christmas because you will be in Ohio right?
I'm so glad things are going well for you. How's working out going? I'm thinking that I need to try a new method over here.

sara said...

Delightful post. I love childhood books. . . great memories and totally free entertainment for the kids.
I just got finished with a marathon of dental work that included 9 fillings and 2 onlays. Yes, Sammy did the math for me and that does add up to 11 cavities. Lovely.