
Thursdays are glorious around here. Mike gets home around 7:20. On the days I decide to be a competent wife, dinner is on the table at 7:30. Mitchell is asleep, or almost asleep... around 7:45. And...The Office starts at 8.
Since the days of motherhood began, I really have no idea, ever, what day, or time, or year it is. It's a fun time for any woman. I have 2 shirts, "nice" shirts, (reserved for church hours only) that are not stained with milk, spit up, poop, or food (you know, the days where you try to make and eat chili with one hand. Never a good idea). Chocolate and ice cream become more of a necessity than milk and eggs. The days goals are shower, maybe to the dishes, make dinner, hopefully do the laundry, oh, and brush my teeth. Reality is that, you know deep down, only 2 will be accomplished by the days end. At that point it's either sleep, or do the dishes and laundry.....Church becomes the highlight of the week, and the only time you find the excuse to spend the time on hair and makeup. It gets really emotional when your husband finds a way to let you spend a week with your family for Christmas, instead of the planned 3 days. Seriously. Motherhood changes everything.
So, Mike gets home and reminds me it is Thursday. Mitchell was coincidentally asleep by this point. Dinner was to be waffles, because I am trying to get over a breast infection, and everything else I could whip up seemed to0 hard, ha ha. Adding eggs and water to a mix is hard enough.... So Mike and I proceed to shove waffles down our throat as fast as physically possible. It is at this moment I realize how pathetic we are. This is sad! Two grown adults should not be this excited about a TV show. In fact, I should probably be sleeping.
Like most my posts, this story has no point. The Office was hilarious as was Saturday Night Live News, and now we have an entire week to go before we can laugh again.
7 comments:
Even with the higher prices these days, chocolate and ice cream are still cheeper than therapy. And we missed the Office this week *tear* because of an evil tivo that mocks us. Thank goodness for the internet.
I'm the same way. Uncle Timothy is lucky if I am showered and thinks I am some kind of saint if I actually make dinner. I guess it is good to keep expectations low. :)
Seriously, my last day to sleep in, and I am up at 7 a.m. emailing and blogging because I can't sleep. Something is not right here. Might I suggest that brushing your teeth always be one of the two things that get done (hee hee).
I think that brushing teeth is a must! Hey, I could send you papa who thinks that everyday begins at 6 a.m. and he cooks too!
oh. send him right over. I will wake up at 6 for breakfast any day.
not true, I make her breakfast at 6 and it just sits there while she sleeps.
Meagan Buhler? Oh my gosh! I found your blog through Jen Taylors. I heard that you were married and expecting a boy this past summer.
This is Jessica Walters. Do you remember me? But it's Womble now not Walters. Your son is so cute! How old is he? Where do you guys live? We live in American Fork and we are renting a house from my grandparents. My husband and I have been married for 2 and half years and we have a 4 month old girl named Sophie Rose. I know all about the motherhood thing. Somedays things just don't get done and that's totally okay right? You should come check out my blog sometime. It's www.wombleblog.blogspot.com
I'm so glad I found your blog. I hope that we can stay in touch this way. :)
Post a Comment