Waking up to a sick baby.
Getting drool and snot all over your clothing.
Being too busy holding, rocking, checking temp. of said baby to change clothes/wear makeup/effectively do hair.
Deciding that dear husband can take over the moment he walks in the door. (He even did the dishes! Oh how I love him)
Sending him to Harmons for a movie and some applesauce. (since Mitch was only taking in liquids well, and applesauce is a liquid, right? And what about mayo? (not that I fed that to him, I've just always wondered)
Going back to Harmons, after the movie, to pick up eggs and orange juice- and not having a care in the world of my ran-over-by-a-railroad-train, and smelling, self.
Hearing the checker, "so...what happened to you?" "I've had a long day" "why?" "sick little boy" "Ah...this must be for him" No. Do I look old enough to be buying orange juice for a kid? Rude. No, the orange just is to appease my craving of sugar cookies, and everyone knows the best frosting is made with orange juice.
Watching Mike work out while eating cookie dough.
Placing dough in the freezer so it chills faster.
Baking cookies, frosting cookies, eating cookies.
Playing cards.
Winning.
Whew. My life.
3 comments:
Meags, you should start writing a column for parenting magazines or start an online blog for moms. You are incredibly clever. Love reading what you write.
I hate it when kids are sick . . . Hang in there.
Snot is the essential accessory for the summer and drool is the new black. You are so in.
Post a Comment