Monday, June 15, 2009

Great is the Week

With Mitchell taking a nap, and Madee rumbling sweet nothings to herself (I think) I guess it's time to update my life. I finally went grocery shopping, and I'd just like to thank the kind people of Macy's for providing cheap ice cream cones for little girls who get bored, tired, and hungry easily.

So, I have Madee for a few days, but it's seeming like a lifetime. Her "needs" are proving herself to be more high-maintenance than we would have previously guessed- demanding pillows, blankets, and sometimes even water. Geeze....

Earlier this week, when mom flew to Georgia a few days early, we learned some fun things about Madeline:
A. Unlike most of the rest of the us, she's actually on time. I told her I was picking her up at 8am and she was usually waiting for me, dressed and all. I don't get dressed before noon usually, and so this was impressive to say the least.
B. She willingly cleans my toilets. I was totally kidding, I swear! But there she was, scrubbing away "Meagan, can I clean something else? My hand hurts!" Oh little children, how I love them.
C. After nicely requesting/demanding/threatening me to make my very very own Barbie.com user account, I realized she doesn't recognize any "adult" excuses as legit., and demands honesty. Which is great. In fact, when this nice little information/registration work sheet asked for my "parent's email" she insisted I had to be honest. So, mom, when you get an email informing you that your 21 year old daughter joined barbie.com, that was me.....

Also, I think we had a tornado or almost one, that's just what I hear. All I know is I thought Daisy and Ollie were going to die of fear. And you all know me and my horrible sense of weather, and once again, had Mitch in a little sleeveless outfit. And I promised Emma and Madee I'd take them to the store. And Mitch had to come. So we improvised. Mitch borrowed Madee's sweater, that's the best we could do. I guess my kids are just simply meant to look like orphan children whenever we actually leave the house.

And then there's my 2 kids, Mike and Mitch, who love to keep me up at all hours of the night. Mitch keeps telling me he's dying around 2am, and Mike thinks waking up at 4 am is a good time to battle it out on the Monopoly grounds. (This ended up being a 3 day war, but I won, like I always do)

Mike, Me, Mitchell, we traveled to Rexburg this weekend to see a friend get married. That was most exciting. I've been so emotional lately-everything makes me cry. Even that movie "UP" I basically sobbed the entire time. I think the 5 year old sitting next to me even said to his dad, "Why is that girl crying again?" And then there is my sweet husband who takes advantage of such moments, and when the theater was totally quiet, he had to (basically) yell, "Are you going to be okay?" Nice. Anyway, that's not what we were talking about.

Rexburg, we saw some old neighbors and realized how much we miss our ward. Mike the whole drive up wouldn't stop talking about everything he missed. "The drivers don't cut you off then flip you off" "People at walmart said hi to me" Lets all recall last month when he "never ever in a million years would ever step foot in this heck-hole again" (modified for your soul) Nice Mike. I keep telling him that when we leave Utah he'll miss the reverent child, but he has yet to believe me.

The plan was to drive up Friday night, and leave Saturday after the ceremony, but when the groom inadvertently asked Mike to decorate his car.... (actually it was more like "When you decorate my car during the reception.....) Fine. We'll stay for the reception. I'd tell you about this whole car ordeal but I think it still makes Mike fuming mad. haha. But with less details, I'll just say Mike and his other friend decorated his car in a very "clean" way. They just saran-wrapped it, put some oreos all over it, and then, you know, wrote the standard "just married" and "have fun" on the windows. Much less horrifying then our poor car at our wedding. Anyway, so the bride and groom come out and the new father-in-law of his friend freaked out and yelled at Mike, telling him he'll be "footing the bill if her dress gets dirty" ba ha ha ha. Oh poor Mike was just trying to be nice. I tell you, it's the nice people that have a difficult life because they can't ever say no.

So, we decided it'd be better to drive home Saturday rather than stay another night in a hotel, especially since the ones nearby were all full due to the Teton Dam Marathon. So instead of dropping another 60-70 bucks on a hotel, we bought some monster energy drinks and partied it up all the way home. That was most exciting. We even got pulled over. Mike and I happen to be able to talk ourselves out of most tickets. We claimed driving back to Utah, of course, and the officer was wondering why Mike had an Ohio license and an Idaho license plate. The both of us explained we were going to college....we thought the highway was 75 mph..... Mike's "I'm so sorry, this is all my fault" speech definitely helped. He didn't even look up his license (which was lucky, because after we went on our merry little way, Mike realized we never did pay off the Rexburg cops for the parking ticket, and he *thinks* his license is suspended.... crap....which is another story. I thought we did, but apparently I forgot... I guess I should call them to see what's really happening) Anyway, I'm telling you we've got skill because I guarantee if we would have said, "See, we're on energy drinks, and wasn't really paying attention to the speed limit signs, I think I've got a suspended license but really have no idea, oh, and my wife here can't even pass your driver's license test..." We would have, at least, had a ticket.

Ah. Life. Madee is playing for another day or so, then it's back to our normal, boring life. Mitch turns one next month, and growing up way too fast for my liking.

Until next time, folks, adios.

4 comments:

Grandma said...

Meags. we love your blog and your life. Most excitin and always fun to read about. At least Mike didn't get hauled off to jail. That actually happened to someone else who had unpaid tickets and a suspended license. Better be careful!

Anonymous said...

Oh Meagan. Wes and I found out about 1 year ago that his license was suspended. It had been for over 2 years and we idn't know anything about it.
We need to get together soon. I know we keep saying that but I'm serious this time. Call me!

Amy said...

HEY!!! No bringing up my dirty past, Grandma. Some stories should STAY buried. If you were here I would sit on you for being naughty:).

But really Meags. Pay your tickets.

Tara said...

Definitely. Madee is always fun, but she never cleans my toilets. Hmmm. Glad you made it back without jail time.