My morning, started promptly at 1:42am. Mitchell awoke, not hungry, apparently not tired, and felt the need to lay next to me whining. Whining! Why does he do this! Nothing would quiet this obnoxiousness, maybe he was teething, maybe he wasn't, maybe he had a bad dream, maybe he thought it'd be funny. I don't know, nor did I really care at 1:42 in the flipping morning.
Although my eyes were shut and I didn't really have any intentions to stay up with him, I did, though I wasn't really nice about it. "Go to bed" was about all that came out of my mouth for about 2 1/2 hours till 4am came, and I thought it was late enough to wake dear Mikey up for obnoxious whining duty. He was laying next to me the whole time, but that doesn't mean anything, the smoke detector could go off and he would be forever oblivious to it. Maybe that's why he needed such a sweet wife to wake him up whenever she felt the necessity to do so.
Just so you all think I'm not a terrible non-emotional mother, I did, in the middle of this rant-vent post, pick Mitchell up and rock him till he went to sleep, then laid him in his crib once again. He's tired too. He'll probably be really cranky-whiny- the rest of the day. That's cause and effect Mitch! You keep everyone up the entire night- mom gets cranky- dad does weird things like take the dirty laundry to work- you're mad and can't figure out why. It's just not a smart thing to do. If you'd like a non-zombie mother, then continue that blessed streak of sleeping till 4am. That'd be fantastic.
Well folks, I'm off to bed. Don't call me, I'm not waking up till noon.
4 comments:
haha oh my gosh that is the cutest post! It really makes me think more about motherhood...I LOVE hearing your stories. They are so REAL, not like everyone else's "my life, baby, husband are so perfect, blah blah blah...". Keep it up! Also, when are you guys moving to tejas? Exciting!!
I love the pictures of Mitchell. He's getting so big! Wes loves monoploy and I sort of do. but he always wins. I usually just give up half way through.
Hey Meags, It just gets better the older they get. . . cause instead of them lying in bed whining you get to wait up for them until they decide that they have spent an appropriate amount of time of the night and early morning to come home. The fun just keeps happenin'!
Mitch is so photogenic. I do not envy you and this early waking. Not at all. ;)
Post a Comment