Hello my posy.
Well, today, the sun was shining, bright as can be. This stirred my adventurous side a tad. And so I did laundry. Heh.
While doing said laundry, I had an epiphany. Mitch, soon to be 8-months, could probably swing on the baby swings. This fact alone, sparked a odd desire to walk the 3 blocks or so to the park, solely for the baby swings.
So I figure, after I finish the laundry, I'll feed Mitch his hearty lunch of barley and peas (sounds delightful, doesn't it? Too bad his taste buds have apparently developed a lack of taste for peas, and applesauce was required to get him to even think about peas.) and then off we will go! I was rather excited, and as luck and Murphy's Law will have it, Mitch decided to take a never-before 2.5 hour nap. Great. The anxiety was killing me.
FINALLY, when he awoke, we put on his cute little (and immensely over-sized, well, actually it's technically made for a 2 year old, more on that later) coat, cute little mittens and matching hat (yep, I'm one of those moms) socks, blankets. I packed the infamous "mom purse." You know, the normal lipgloss, cellphone, wallet but with added features like Cheerios, binkies, diapers, water, band-aides, wet wipes (individually wrapped, of course. Yes, I'm also one of those moms) ... advil... Seriously. You would not believe my purse. It's ridiculous. And, I found a missing sock in it moments ago. My sock. Don't ask me how that happened. This probably needs to stop. Isn't that what diaper bags are for?
Walking down the stairs is totally another, albeit boring, issue. Mitch in one hand. The heavy stroller in another. The purse in another. The house key in another. Two blankets in the last. Wait.... I only wish I had that many hands.
Off we go! Embarking Rexburg like never before! Stepping past the laundry room like never before! (wow, I am pathetic) We saw a squirrel, a train, some trees, Dallan from Sunbeams "we missed you yesterday!" some cars, some dirt, you get the picture.
I had envisioned the park quest to go something like this: blissful walk to the park, lay a blanket down, eat some cheerios together, roll around, practice crawling, running to the swings, swinging, taking pictures, skipping home. Unfortunately, when we did make it to the park, I noticed something I didn't anticipate.
Snow. Dang it! Snow, snow, everywhere, and not a soul in sight. At this point a flood of
You get the picture.
No swings, no crawling on the grass, no sunshine bliss for us today.
Obviously, I wish summer would hurry on it's way.
Maybe that's why we're moving to Texas. Ha.
***And note: I know the above picture has absolutely no connection or relevance to the current post. Don't judge me, it was a cute picture. Also, it is a handkerchief he is wearing. We play dress up together. Don't judge me, it really is a cute picture. I also realize that the picture of me is entirely creepy beyond belief. But Mitch is smiling! For a picture! How often does that happen!?
5 comments:
Meags, we love your blog. Mitchell is so dang cute! Fresh air is good for children, well, maybe not freezing cold fresh air.
I must agree that it is time for it to start getting warm. I too long for days at the park with Sophie. I hope things are going well for you guys. Mitchell is getting so handsome!
Meags....seriously.....advil? You need help. Call your mother.....Love you both.
The sunshine duped me into taking the kids to the park on Saturday. The kids, of course, loved it, but mean mom and mean Josie (don't let the fur coat fool you--she's a wimp in the cold:) called it off early.
Btw, babies + doo-rags = adorable. Well maybe not all babies, but Mitchell definitely is.
So I was talking to Ty last night and he caught me up on the "move to Texas." So where exactly are you moving to? We're headed to San Antonio at the end of May...
Post a Comment