Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Thanksgiving and the Surrounding Events.




Perhaps some of you think I've kicked the bucket because of the lack of posts, but that is not so. Although I think I came pretty close during the risky wisdom tooth removal. You should all be happy to know that I do indeed have feeling in my lower lip. Such a relief.

The wisdom tooth ordeal had me-dare I say-stuck-in Utah, without my husband, for a week. I use the word 'stuck' because Mikey had the car, and I have a working mother, and wandered the house for a day or so. Don't you worry though, I was plenty occupied with the stomach flu, blending up green beans and sandwiches, rinsing constantly with salt water, using a syringe to clean the holes out, and still, yes, still, getting dry socket. Yuck... But the week was still full of excitement and loads of fun. Mom took us to see Twilight, which was so romantic. I realize most people hate it, but Mike reminds me of Edward......which is weird, I know, and since he and I hadn't seen each other for nearly a week at that point, I was pretty much sobbing the entire time. Maybe I'm just a sap.

Mitch got to meet the fabulous Jen. And Julianne and Lars. And he was just so cute, as always, and I was glad to catch up with old friends. OH! AND! I found my other lost yearbooks, and 3, count them 3, grandma books, including my favorite!! My life gets more complete everyday.

Also, I think it is important to note, Mom, Paul, and I ventured out to Sams Club where I found some adorable baby clothes, and wanted to buy out the entire store. This is his newest Sunday attire, which I would let him wear constantly, if it didn't look so uncomfortable, because it is just that cute.

You're probably wondering what poor Mikey did for a whole week without his little maid and cook..... Don't feel bad. Lets just say he got a full nights rest everyday, and took a vacation from working out. Rude! Just kidding... he deserved every bit of sleep since he's back to the never-sleeping-again routine thanks to a screaming baby, and a no-snoring-allowed wife.

And then Mike finally got to Utah and we were off to Ohio!!! Ohio is always nice. My hair looks ten times better, my lips never need chapstick, and I'm pretty sure it's better for my horrendous acne problem too. I don't think I can breathe better though, that's probably one of those urban legends. OH! Fact of the day: Pringles, the chips, here, in the west, have a little bubble so when you open it, it goes "pop" Apparently, out in the OH, this is not so. And, says Mike's dad, if you were to buy a can a pringles in Ohio and take them on the plane, a bubble would grow. Something about humidity blah, blah. And I was really, truly, going to try this, and I forgot. Until now. How depressing. I guess this is going to have to wait till the next trip. Perhaps the bubble would shrink if traveling the opposite direction? I'm going to find out.

In Ohio, one of Mike's friends and new fiance wanted to go to sushi with us. I love sushi, thanks to Paul, but Mike here, hates fish- cooked fish, raw fish, the smell of fish, the look of fish. I'm pretty sure the only reason he likes fishing is to kill the fish.... just kidding...he throws them back in... do not panic vegetarians! Anyway, we went to sushi anyway, and although Mike ordered chicken, he did try my little raw crab, avocado, rice and seaweed roll, otherwise known as the California roll, and didn't even flinch. Didn't hate it, but didn't really like it either. I'm so proud of you Mikey!!

Mitch was adorable the whole trip. He was so perfect on the plane, words can't even express. I think the airline stewardesses are nicer to us because we have such a cute baby. I guess we'll keep him around, ha ha. Grandma Taylor referred to him as "angel baby" for the duration of the week, because he was really that good. I couldn't ask for a better baby. He loved everyone, especially his only cousin, Clara. It was like they new each other! They both went crazy! It was seriously the cutest thing I have ever seen.

Thanksgiving was amazing. These Taylors are definitely cooks.... Cheri's fiance, Ian, made 8 pies, from scratch. Talk about dedication. And they were fantastic (and I think I really did try them all....the baby weight will never really leave me....) And Mitch randomly fell asleep on the floor while about 3 people were playing with him. That, I think, was definitely a highlight. I didn't take a picture though, the flash would have killed the moment, so imagine it. Maybe the turkey dinner made him sleepy too.

Friday Mike and I made our way into the deathly crowds.... but we survived. And actually were really fast, considering. We bought Mitch a little jumper for Christmas, he'll love it. It was a pain getting it on the plane and we just left it at my parents house, which means we'll be up late Christmas Eve setting the darn thing up. But I am sure he will love it.

Also in Ohio, we went to a fantastic book store and bought Mitch some really cute childrens books. And now he has a total of 6 books to open up, and 3 toys. Is that weird?? I don't know why I am more prone to buy books over toys.... he loves books now, but maybe his mother is pushing them on him too much. ha ha. Oh well, there's always next year to try and get this "toys at Christmas" thing right.

Somehow in Ohio Mitch found his "scream for pure joy" voice. And he is loud!! So it's the end of the day and I've got a headache from my baby's ridiculously loud screams. At least he's happy. This should make church more interesting.

I daresay Mitch's favorite person in Ohio is his Grandpa Boyd. I guess we picked the right person to name the baby after. Mitch couldn't have been happier being held by Grandpa, it was so cute. An honorable mention goes to Shelby, she could get him to smile anytime. I asked her if she wanted to come home with us, but apparently she has school and a life....

We also went to Kirtland. It was amazing!! This is the only picture I took. I had my hands full with Mitch (who had indeed found his screaming voice.... not so cute when you're inside the temple) but it was really interesting. I can't imagine living in the Midwest for so long and then walking so far away to Utah only to find (most likely terrifying) mountains and desert. I love Utah, but I think that would have been a little depressing, Kirtland was beautiful.

Also, we put up the Christmas tree. (Not ours, yet. Maybe when I finish cleaning... but in Ohio) Mike's mom has one of the prettiest trees I have ever seen. Mitch loved to look at the lights and ornaments, I can't wait to put ours up, maybe he will scream less?

We had a fabulous vacation and the both of us were really dreading Idaho. The cold weather, icy roads, and no variety really send us over the edge sometimes. But, now that we're here again, it's nice to be back at our own little apartment, just the 3 of us. I just wish I could figure out how to clean my bathroom and fold my laundry with a screaming baby.... at least he's not crawling.....yet.

I promise next time my post will be short....

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

First of all, don't fill us all with this bologna with you not losing your baby weight. YOU WEIGH THE SAME AS YOU DID BEFORE WOMAN!! Anyway, I will have you all know that the only reason I am on here is because Meagan decided to make a chocolate cake at midnight and then woke me up to show it to me and this blog. RUDE!!! Also, since Meagan described kirtland in such GREAT DETAIL, I am going to have to explain it. We went last Saturday at 9:32:26 EST and started off early. Got there about noon and watched a video made by The Comm. of Christ church. They claim that they have a prophet that is a direct descendant of Joseph Smith. We went to the temple and Meagan now knows about it all. I know, that was so much more exciting than her explanation. Anyway, PEACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS, What does the fish say when it hits a wall?

DAM

Meagan said...

hm. no more chocolate cake at midnight for you. ever.

Meagan said...

PS. and what does the wall say back??

DUMB BASS

Anonymous said...

You three are a riot. Meagan I love reading your posts. They are always so intersting and I love the pictures. Sophie has a babble/ cry that she has been doing too. You are not alone. Although I think that it might be because she has a cold and is not feeling very well. Guess What? I can fit in my old jeans from before I was pregnant! YES!! Appartenly whatever I've been doing is working. It must have been walking up all the stairs while we were in Arizona. :) I also saw Twilight and I actually really liked it. I wasn't sure if I wanted to see it. but it was so real and Edward really grew on me. I kind of want to go see it again. I really want to read all the books again too.

Grandma said...

What a fun vacation! Mitch is darling and looks like he is getting ready to crawl. We are happy that you had such a great vacation. Loved the pictures.

Amy said...

Do Not shorten your posts. It is a good solid laugh for me. And thanks for helping me get back on the blog wagon :] Love you.

Jen Taylor said...

Oh cute!!!!!! It's me and Mitch! :) LOVE IT!