Saturday, December 13, 2008

Another day in the life of Mike and Meagan

Monkey Torture: So Meagan decided that she would introduce Mitchell to her diabolic monkey named Miguel, don't worry though no relation to me. She tossed it in his face and used her baby talk to try to get him to laugh and he just sat there and acted like he cared, we have video evidence. For some reason, when I played with him with the monkey he laughed hysterically. It's obvious which parent he prefers.

Temple Sealings: Well, Meagan and I decided to go do temple sealings at the Rexburg temple and it was a really wonderful experience as always. A member of our ward, Brother Jolley, was the temple sealer and we were able to seal families from Argentina. It was interesting because I recognized some of the last names from my mission. Meagan almost passed out because it was too early in the morning for her and her knees were tired after doing three pages of sealings.

Drunk work experience: So I was at work minding my own business and getting some last finishing touches done on some of the treadmills we got in and a drunk man decided to stumble in. It turns out, they went to the rodeo finals in Las Vegas and were coming back through Idaho to go home to Cardston. they stayed the night in Idaho and they supposedly got into a bad fight. He got wasted on expensive wine, and then his wife dumped him on the side of the road the next morning because he was drunk. She then called the bus station and bought him a ticket to go back to Cardston. Anyway, long story short, they wouldn't let him on because he was drunk and I had to call them to convice them to let him go home.

Commission: So they are finally paying me commissions for the Idaho Falls store and it has made our lives so much easier than before. We were struggling financially, and still are, but not as bad as we were before. The checks have added up and helped us to be able to afford Christmas this year.

Hand Slap Game: So Mitch was in his hi-chair and I was playing the slap game with him where I slap his hand and he hits me back. It was the funniest thing I have ever seen. I would slap him lightly, then he would hit me as hard as he could. Then, he laughed really loud. RUDE!

2 comments:

Meagan said...

okay, he did laugh, really hard when I played with him and Miguel, but you turn the camera on....and it stops! It's not my fault! I wanted to catch him laughing so I kept going with the pathetic....story? ah...

Anonymous said...

Don't you hate that? Whenever you get the camera out they stop being cute. Congrats on the commission at work! It is hard to nake ends meet sometimes but things seem to work out don't they?