Friday, September 26, 2008

Food Storage, Take it or Leave it.

So, recently Mike and I decided we should start putting food away for rainy days. We haven't really officially started yet, but we've had many a talks about flour, sugar, powdered eggs, water.....oatmeal...the essentials, I suppose. A few days ago, Mike decided to put this talk into action, and this is what he brought home.


Yes, it's true. 72 boxes, 288 pastries. Lovely. I figure it is probably expected as the first item in our food storage, much like the deer was the first major event in our marriage. Much like our first remote is gigantic. Much like our first couch would most likely be rejected at the DI. Much like our first kiss when Mike missed my lips. Just kidding... Anyway, the list goes on....and I'm so glad to be eternally married to such a crazy man, who can make me smile everyday. We love you Mike!

17 comments:

Tim Merrill said...

I am getting the food storage bug as well. In fact, I was thinking of going out this weekend and buying some buckets of something.

What is the shelf-life of pop tarts? What is the expiration date on the 70+ boxes. And will you be rotating them?

Meagan said...

What excellence questions Tim! The shelf life on pop tarts is sadly only one year. So, basically, we are doomed to eat through 70+ boxes of pop tarts each year if we will rotate them. Which, probably won't be the case. But it's a start...

Grandma said...

can i come to your house if we run out of food. sounds like the best kind of food storage. wheat, pwd milk, oatmeal...i would take pop tarts over those any day. way to go mike!

Anonymous said...

That's right. Meagan though I was crazy, but I am glad someone agrees with me, lol. Yeah you can come for some pop tarts if you run out of food. We have plenty.

I am so bored at work. No one has come in yet. BORING. Overtime is good I guess though. 54 hours this week, crazy.

Meagan and I are looking to sell the Saturn because we want something with four wheel drive this winter because last winter wasn't so fun. Also I am thinkig about getting a Mac laptop for the fam. Even though Meagan wants her own, lol. NERD!!!!!!

Meagan said...

yeah you're dang right I want my own! Mike, why don't you tell the fam. what happened to Gwen? You are the lord of downloading and deleting. and changing my wallpaper.

Anonymous said...

At least I am Holy in some aspect. Meagan thinks I erased her Gwen Stefani music and is mad. As if getting rid of Holla Back Girl is a good song for Mitchell. I mean if those are the songs you want our son hearing.

Anonymous said...

I meant if it is a good song for mitchell then she can have it.

Meagan said...

I was talking about Sweet Escape, which is clean, thank you. Mitch prefers her over that stupid country you listen to. You've been in Idaho WAY too long. If it means anything we just finished listening to clair de lune. Oh. You're not familiar with classical Mikey?

Anonymous said...

POOR MITCHELL. I AM SORRY BUDDY, WE NEED TO WATCH COLLEGE FOOTBALL TODAY!

Meagan said...

haha. Too bad you're working.... You just missed a pretty good diaper changing session. Can you pick up some wet wipes on your way home?

Anonymous said...

come to IF and see me. SO RUDE

Meagan said...

oh yeah...I have to go to the mall. Want to come with?

Anonymous said...

No you'll just want a mac. So no, RUDE

Anonymous said...

Actually yes, pick me up at two

Meagan said...

sweet...I will be there in a few hours then. love you lots.

Christopher Leach said...

if you need help with eating, I'm all yours

Anonymous said...

I have to laugh at the food storage. Because Wes and I have popcorn, mac and cheese, brownie and cake mixes. Who knows how we will use them. But we have them just in case of a late night craving for something sweet or cheesy.