Do people actually read these?? I've always thought people blogged to share their diary with the entire world. Who on earth would want that? But, to tell you the truth, I'm a little tired of people asking me where my blog is, or why it didn't exist. Even my own mother, who doesn't understand facebook, apparently keeps a blog. So I suppose I will join the internet phenomenon. And here I am, announcing my presence.
The only blog I have ever read was Jen Taylor's. And that's because it is smart, funny, and discusses shoes-- perfect qualities of a husband I say. I suppose people would read mine to catch up on the basics, and make sure everyone is healthy and alive since I rarely answer my phone. (There. I admit it. Although I want you all to know, I never ignore you intentionally.)
So the basics:
-Mitchell last weighed in at 9 lbs. 4 oz. But that was nearly a month ago, so I'm sure he's a tad huge-er. His next appointment is in a week, and no one really looks forward to that, since the nation doesn't seem to enjoy learning how loud that boy can scream.
-Yes, he still keeps me up at night. He still thinks bedtime is at 5:30pm, and that morning starts promptly at 4am, with a few interruptions here and there. I strongly believe that if I could get him to take a nap around 4 and let him wake up around said bedtime, he'd fall asleep around 8 and wake up around 6, with only one nighttime feeding. How wonderful would that be! To start this perfect routine, I've been waking him up at 7 for a bath, and to nurse, and then we read a book, and then have been attempting to get him asleep. This has been going on for weeks! I don't know why I try, but at least he is clean. And getting a good education, really. Yesterday we read "Moo, Baa, La La La" and we learned pigs do not say "la la la" they, in fact, say "oink oink" all day and night.
-Mitch has been smiling more and making more noises other than his infamous scream. Which is really fun. He squeals when I move his hands like a choir director, and let him lead the music to whatever is playing, or at least he did today and I hope he continues to do so because it's pretty entertaining.
-Oh, and yes he still has lots of hair and I think his eyes will be blue.
I think that's it. Maybe I will write every week or so since exciting things are happening here everyday!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment