Thursday, April 24, 2014

Easter Festivities



With 3 egg hunts, I decided to nix (most) of the easter candy and go with art supplies for the children's baskets.  This seemed like a good idea until they started using said art supplies.  Mitchell drew a blue mustache on his face, and Ali still thinks the watercolors are "lips" (lipstick, that is)






3 egg hunts with grandparents (and great grandparents) who love stuffing the eggs as full as they can possibly get (I'm looking at you, papa), I swear the sugar high was never going to end.






And then there was Mike, who, Saturday night at 9pm realized he didn't get *me* anything (this is weird, because we don't buy each other things for easter -ever- but because I bought him *one* reeses egg as a nice gesture (see….I can be nice sometimes), he felt like he had to do something.

My "Seriously I DON'T CARE! I promise!" didn't stop him, so as he was running out the door I said, "fine. just no candy. I'm on a diet!"

ahem.  this is what he brought home:
"You're on a diet?! Since when!? I thought you were joking!!"
"Did you not notice the majority of food currently in our fridge?? This doesn't happen during non-diet times"

But anyway, I gave it to the neighborhood. Literally all the neighborhood.

I had these grand plans to make Ali an Easter dress, and I a new skirt, and possibly ties for the boys.  I had the patterns, but no fabric, and I really hate sewing if I have to use a pattern (this, I realize, knocks out 99.9% of my capabilities).  So, by Tuesday, I realized that was *haha* not going to happen.  So I ran over to Target praying they'd have some kind of beautiful dress that would fit Ali. And target had exactly 1 dress.  And it was a size too big, but I bought it anyway, because it was seriously so beautiful.  And also it was last minute enough that they had a "buy one get one half off" all their kids Easter clothing, and I had a $5 coupon, so Mitchell got a shirt for 3 dollars.  Can't beat that.






Pants for Mitchell, on the other hand, are the hardest thing ever. He has the shortest, skinniest legs, but an average waist.  Pants are really difficult. I may have to learn how to alter clothing because it's getting ridiculous.


Also, am I the only one with children who pose like their engaged? I can't be.  Please tell me this is normal.

And last, I'm going to brag because I just finished these:


These little story stones are addicting to make.  And turning out so cute!


I mean right?! I know I'm biased but I <3 her.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Meagan, I am so glad you started writing again. I thought you never would! he he. The kids are darling, the dress is beautiful, the posing….a bit unique, and the story stones….a must have. Your creativity never ceases to amaze me!

Grandma said...

I agree. The dress is amazing. . .the sort stones are totally the best and sugar highs. . . well, they are the best!