Ali is, officially, nine months old (9!!) and Mitchell is, officially, three (3!!). They're both so crazy wonderful, I'm still not sure how I lucked out being their mother.
And anyway, she loves the water, and hates her tube.... *sigh* She doesn't even mind Mitchell splashing her with water till she's drenched.
And finally, Mitchell had a birthday. The day before I said, "Mitchell! Are you having a birthday tomorrow!?"
"NOOO BIRTHDAY!" he wasn't in the best mood.
Friday night we took him to the store and he picked out a chocolate cake, and triple chocolate ice cream.
We stopped on the way home at Zurchers, the local party store, because they have the best balloon selection ever. Mitch and I ran in real quick while Ali and Dad stayed in the car. Mike said "Do not let him pick out girly ones!" and was not too impressed when we came out with the blue/white polka-dot variety. At least they're not purple, honey.
Saturday morning came and he didn't wake up at his usual 6am. And I was awake waiting for him to wake up and finally at 8am, I convinced Mike to let me wake him up. Mike says, "Dude. Calm down. It isn't even your birthday" I was awake all night SO EXCITED for his birthday. Whatever. Birthday's are the best.
Grandpa and Grandma Taylor got him a huge set of Legos. We let him open it first, and he spent most of the day building trees and temples.
Then we had cinnamon rolls for breakfast and Mitchell helped me bake his chocolate cake. Yum!
Then we took him to see Winnie-the-Pooh at Jordon Commons. With Harry Potter defeating Voldemort, our theater was pretty empty and the movie was so cute we all laughed are little hearts out. Mitchell drank all my diet coke and Mike decided Ali was old enough for his coke. We are such awesome parents. And Ali decided napping was for sissys and refused to take any sort of nap, (perhaps that was just the coke talking,) except when she conked out 5 mins before it ended. Typical.We came home and Grandma, Papa, Emma, and Madee came over to celebrate. Mitchell was begging to eat his cake and open his presents and I kept telling him to "wait for grandma". Mike finally took him to the park.
And then they all finally came over and Mitchell opened the door, then ran and opened his presents, all in a 5 minute window. And when that was over, he exclaimed "Cake time!" And we barely finished singing "happy birthday" by the time he had blown out his last candle. I have never seen him so excited. It was such a fun day.
The day ended when Mike ditched us to go running and Mitchell and I played with his new tinkertoys for a good hour. Building everything from microphones to the mickey mouse clubhouse to roller coasters. The first rule of birthday presents is to only buy things you are willing to play with. It's worked out quite nicely so far, we have a lot of fun.
And then we crashed. And this morning I could barely open my eyes for church, I was so exhausted. So exhausted that when I rolled out of bed, and onto the couch, Mike tied a balloon around my toe and I still did not wake up.
It is now 8:17, and I think I'll go to bed. It's a good thing the next birthday is in October, I need time to recover.



3 comments:
Yes, we're the luckiest parents in the world.
So Awesome, I love it.
Happy Happy belated Birthday to mister Mitchel! we love you Mitch!
Uncle Chris, aunt Silvana and Clara!
Post a Comment