Friday, June 17, 2011

Mustard

I couldn't think of a blog title.  That's the first thing that came to me.  I like mustard, but not enough to blog about it.

So, Ali is the best baby ever.  Yeah, I totally said that about Mitchell, but it just gets better and better.  The third child I am terrified for.  I've got it coming for me.  meags & me and the crazies behind it, decided to re-open our etsy shop.  This was pushed by me who thought PDF versions would be SO EASY! no.  they are not.  In fact, they are kind of a pain.

And the bad thing about etsy.com is that it's addicting.  Seriously, addicting.  So addicting, that I bought 2 (yes! two!) patterns (again! patterns!).  I never ever buy patterns.  That has changed in the last month or so.  I know have a pretty decent collection.  Also, etsy people tend to be cute and classy and have fantastic photography.  I thought, "wouldn't it be cute to have Ali on the night quilt?" my head said yes.

 
She is so lovely, I can't take a picture of the quilt, without making it a picture of Ali, so that idea is scratched.  Plus I don't really think things through for most impromptu photo sessions, so her hair is a mess, no pants, and no bow.  Awesome! Lets get over to the photographers now!

Also, Ali is cute.  Maybe that's not an "also" Before I had kids, I saw babies eating baby food and gagged a little (yeah, I know that makes me horrible) Something about smeared food made me a little bit uneasy.  But then Mitchell started solids, and I and the camera were all over it.  I have millions of baby Mitchell eating his heart out and it is messy.  But a few months went by, and I said, to myself, "ew.  why did I take this picture?" It made the "First Feeding!!" not as attractive.  Since, you know, there is darling Mitchell with food all over his face (yuck. If grown-ups look gross with food all over, babies do too.  Remember that, Meagan.  Remember that you will gross your future self out)

Nope! Look how cute! Ali is eating!!!




 Yeah, I know it's weird to think it's cute for a few months/years and then suddenly gross yourself out with the pictures you've taken.

And then, Mitchell is quite the photographer.  I love his pictures.  He's pretty good with the camera.  Self portraits are usually the favorite....


 
But he figured out how to take the regular kind of pictures too! And look how good he did!


 
Very nice Mitchell!  And as a side note, mom made this jumper for her, but when we tried it on, I was too lazy to take off her undershirt.  And too lazy to take off the jumper once we saw it fit (it's too cute!)  So let the record show: I do not think hot pink and salmon match that great.  I'm not the best at color coordinating, but I'm also not terrible.


 
I think he did a fantastic job expressingly his daily life.  No shirt on.... Ali.... The Disney Channel.... yep.  Pretty much sums it up.

And finally, Mitchell and Ali asleep in the car.  We had a long day playing/shopping and they were tired.  Mitchell doesn't go anywhere without his sunglasses.  And if his hat is laying around, that is a must too (I tried to put it "away" somewhere for the summer....he found it.)


That's pretty much what we've been up to.  Etsy, children, the works.  Mom and I also decided to make a  facebook page (click like!) and I've been trying to be better about the blog too (click follow!) I will like you all 10x more.  I'm really bad at marketing (obviously, that's obvious) buuuuuuutttt I try.  That has to count for something.

1 comment:

Madee said...

wow meagan ali IS so cute when she is eating (she is cute anytime really)