Thursday, May 13, 2010

So I've been busy.

And blogging isn't really much of a priority. More of a priority than cleaning my house, unfortunately.

I suppose we'll start with the most important (says mike) event of the last.....month. Mikey-poo had a birthday. We had a little party and he bought himself a tv.
Upgrades at it's finest. This new thing even has all of it's buttons attached. And it's not from DI. We're moving up in this world.

and Mitch and I got him some boring Frisbees for Frisbee golfing, the only thing he wanted. (I'm the worst person in the world for giving gifts, so all birthday's and Christmas' around here require lists or he'll end up with some new socks and a tie.) AND! he hasn't even used them yet. rude.

And! I'm half way done being pregnant. Time flies by incredibly fast. And we're having...........

A little girl!! (can't you tell just by looking at that leg?!) (And I was a little relieved, since during the ultrasound I refered to her twice as "she.... oh, I mean she or he....".....and it would have been embarrasing.)

Took forever and lots of turning to get her to move....anything. Hands never did leave her face, and her feet moved....maybe 5 times in the hour and a half we were there. This was quite a different experience than Mitchell's ultrasounds where he didn't stop moving. Spinning, kicking, rolling, dancing in the womb. And still hasn't stopped. Therefore, I have high hopes she's melllllllow. Since Mitchell is just like his dad in everyway, maybe this baby won't smile at anyone for 3 years, not care about anything, and be just like me in everyway.




But everything I hear about girls is about how they don't sleep, they're picky, drama queens, and none of it gets better till they move out.

Nice. Mike's dad told me every woman should have another woman to deal with. Really? Are we that bad?

Really, there has quite a bit of unnecessary insanity. Even though no one was really shocked this one's a girl, I spend my time thinking about where we are putting her, and if Mitchell is ever going to be able to share a room, and how I'm going to get any sleep if mitch is able to climb out of bed whenever his little heart desires, and why on earth did I think blue was a gender neutral color when picking out, and buying, carseats and strollers (really, though, I'm trying to convince myself that all of this is going to be fine.)

And! WHY are all things girl perfectly adorable? Seriously. I'm going to have to start keeping my wallet in the car. And never stepping foot in a fabric store again. At least no stores with little girl skirts. This is getting ridiculous.

*trying to breathe*

And mom and I, and aunt amy, ( thanks!), have all been furiously working to get quilts and things ready for shop hop, because being the crazy (because if we weren't crazy, none of this would have happened, haha) people that we are, decided it would be perfectly plausible to get 3 quilts out in a month. ha. that's a funnnny joke. So working on 3 quilts at once has been wildly entertaining, my pregnant cell-lacking brain is no longer in working function, and Mike is starting to think the house and Mitchell are never coming back to order, but, the good news is that our quilts will be beautifully displayed at 3-4 stores, and everyone seems to think everything's really cute (because it is, this one is finally done:)



And then we're taking a vacation. a long one. one that only requires sleep.

Oh, right, and then I'm having a baby.

3 comments:

Grandma said...

Ohhhh, I think you should sit down and take long deep breaths. Congrats to you on conceiving a girl and designing some really cute quilts.

Amy Buhler said...

ah!! baby baby baby!!! i wanna hold her asap when you get her out of you!

Anonymous said...

What a day! Whew! I'm tired just reading about it. :) I'm so happy for you guys. It's so fun having a girl around. :)