Well, Santa came this year. And our living room Christmas Eve was mostly covered by this huge tent that was a lot bigger than the picture on the box depicted. With a 6 foot tunnel. And it's kind of half a pain to set up. Neither of these things did Mike and I really think about. Nor did we read the size clearly stated on the box. The overload on caffeine this week has killed a lot of brain cells.


So we've got this over sized child's play tent in the corner of his room, which kicked the rocking chair out, which ruined the karma of the living room, which ultimately means Mitchell bedtime routine gets jumbled because there isn't a chair to rock him, or read to him in, but... there is a tent, so it's not all bad.


He was happiest with the Zhu Zhu pet, you know, the hottest toy of the season. Mike bought two because....I'm still not really sure. But anyway, we sold one to Emma for Madee, and after considering all other options gave it to Mitch. er, from Santa. I'm a little annoyed that over all these great toys
I've been playing with all week, he's most happy chasing around a fake rat and saving it from the couch of doom where all things are lost because the cushions don't come off. We still very much like it though, and thanks to my mad skills, it has yet to get a stain. (the couch, we'll always like Mitch and he gets plenty of stains)
The most frustrating thing in the world, though, is that Mitch couldn't care less about opening presents. Grrrr.... Christmas would have taken 4 hours, but thankfully Mike does like opening presents, a lot, and we mostly just gave up. Oh. Well. I'm glad he was more interested in the toys inside, but still, you'd think he'd be just a little bit excited. Nope.

This is Mitchell's "first bunny ear" Mike wanted to be sure he was first.

The holiday season, I found, makes Mike a insanely lenient father. "but it's Christmas" was his choice phrase after I found soda in Mitchell's
sippy cup. twice. Seriously, don't give the kid soda! what are you thinking?!? Mike was home for 5 days in a row, and took over....everything. I've been kind of a hormonal wreck, ha, as usual, and my husbands pretty much the best thing ever. Anyway, so I couldn't get too mad (just immediately dump it out! holy cow!) about Mitchell and his new found love of pepsi. and diet coke. A few sips aren't going to kill him, after all.


Mike's dad gave Mikey a recorder for Christmas. This means his old one went to me and he's been teaching me, and I'm horrible, and we've been playing duets. Though...One is a half note lower than the other. Which.... probably isn't too fun for the neighbors. Actually my first lesson was around 10:30pm Christmas eve. Sometimes we forget people live....all around us. Once we heard them walking around, we ..... played phase 10 and were substantially more quiet. Anyway, the neighbors, for Christmas, got what sounds like another dog (that would make 3), a drum set, and pogo sticks. though I'm not entirely sure.
Mitch wanted in on some recorder fun. And loves it too. Anything loud is a big hit around here.
3 comments:
Ooooh, I love recorders. And as for the tent, the bigger the better - maybe you can get in there with him. :)
Oooh - the tent is coooool. Everyone needs one in the corner of their living room. Looks like fun.
The Quiet Book looks amazing! I want to see more pictures of it.
My mom got me a pattern for a ABC quiet book. I'm getting together with some friends tomorrow to make it.
Post a Comment