So here we are driving to the haunted forrest. We decided on that one, because.... all the other's recommended the children be over the age of 12. And if 12 year olds can't come, then I'm not stepping anywhere near it.
Since the two crazies had to leave my apartment at 5:30, knowing fully that this 'amusement' doesn't even open till 7:30, (after going to the haunted house, realizing that there are no lines, asking the future terrorizers if they wanted a coke- that was only Mike though,) we stopped by Arbys. I used to work there, right after high school, and ran into my old boss. She surprisingly recognized me, I showed her a picture of Mitch, tried to stop Mike from making embarrasing comments (fail.) (okay, fine, they weren't that bad) and it was sort of awkward, but whatev. Life moves on.
We barely survived the haunted forrest. The first couple minutes were utter darkness, and Mike thought it'd be funny to let Madee and I suffer by ourselves, screaming for his help. After threatening him with everything I could think of (okay, and grabbing the back of his shirt so he couldn't possibly loose both of us), he seemed to comply. And after the chainsaws, knives, fire torches and sprinting the entire time, we were tired and went home.
Except we hired Emma to babysit, and the two of them were to spend the night. And I promised (again, why do I do this?) that we would do something fun, and not go to bed immediatly. We got caramel, apples, m&m's, etc at the store, came home and half asleep made caramel apples. Except Mike, who ditched us and fell asleep unintentionally (yeah right!) on the couch. And then we crashed. Mitch probably wore Emma out to the point of sheer exhaustion, so we should have gone the movie route, but no.... above and beyond! Even if it costs you your insanity.
Mike and I, lately, are rather tradition crazy, and Mike decided this was the start of pumpkin carving. I prefer paint, because........ it's not messy, and....that's all I usually care about.
But I complied.
We tried to keep Mitch awake and entertained, but since that is really too ambitious, I just gave him a sucker. And Mike carved his pumpkin for him.
We tried imagine what Mitch would want in a pumpkin.
His binky? (He's never gonna give that up) We flew with that idea.
Mike informed me, after his was done, that he's made the same face on his pumpkin since he was 5. Traditions die hard.
So my last straw was Babies R Us, and they had plenty of overalls that would not ever work for my incredably, and surprisingly, high standards. So we went for a lion costume 60% off, 5 bucks total. Sweet.
Except when we got home, and let him try it on, it's a little too small. And they didn't have a 2T. It fits alright in the arms, the legs are a tad short but not too noticible.
But the child's 99.9 percentile head circumference is the downfall. The hood thing doesn't really fit. I think the lion's head is supposed to be down on his forehead, not around his head like a headband.
It's one night, okay, it'll be fine.
Also, I decided to be crafty and make him a trick or treating bag. My mom taught me the button hole stitch which has been most helpful. Plus I've been in this crazy psychotic craft mood and thats all I do and think about. But I'm finishing projects, which is a milestone for me. hahah.
So Halloween night, we went up to my grandma's for chili and doughnuts, then went back home and let Mitch trick or treat.
For some reason, everyone thought he was a girl. "She's soooooooo cute! Look at her smile! Hello precious!!! What's her name?"......"Mitchell." (if we answered "Mitch" they still ran with the girl idea, believe it or not) "But it's a girl" "No, he's a boy." It's not like we dressed him up as a lioness. It's a male lion even. Do little girls dress up as male lions? Whatever.
We came home with a sugar high crazy child, and he didn't go to bed forever. But once he did, Mike and I pulled out the monopoly board, took our trick or treak sign now, turned the lights off, ate most of the candy, and I beat him once again.
I'd say it was a successful halloween.
9 comments:
Yeah, it was good. Mike was the best looking one there.
I like how you commented as me.
You are hilarious! Sounds like fun. I loved the treat bag and you are crazy to do the haunted house. I guess I stopped going to those when I was 12 because I don't really like feeling scared. I prefer the treats to the terror.
Wow! What a success story...annnnd you beat Mike AGAIN! Nice going. Keep up the good work.
First of all I LOVE the trick or treat bag. Way cute! Second, the pumpkins looked great. ( We didn't even carve ours!) and third love the Lion costume.
Looks like it was a fun halloween. Check out my blog to see what Sophie was. :)
hysterical, as usual. meagan I am going to have to say you are the best storyteller of your family. And I say you force mike to paint pumpkins next year :)
Ha ha love your blog and you. See I do read your blogs
The whole male/female thing usually flies over people's heads. I mean, look at recent animated films -- how many male cows have udders?
Hilariosity runs rampant in your household. I love it. And the lion was mostly just adorable, in pics and in person. Also loving the trick-or-treat bag, as usual. . . amazing.
On a side note, I'm glad to hear someone else is noticing all the udder-toting male cows, etc. in the animated world. These are the things that disturb me.
Post a Comment