Anyway, Mitch doesn't crawl at all anymore, and walks back and forth from his bedroom to the bathroom dropping toys in the toilet all the day long. So before the zoo, we bought him some cute little shoes (Velcro this time. with some hard heels perfect for frolicking) He hasn't figured out how to walk in them yet, and still tries to scrap his knees on the cement.
We packed a nice lunch complete with Diet Coke, and away we went!! The zoo was packed, the line was forever long, we parked at the south entrance (did anyone know the hogle zoo had 2 entrances??) and listened to 50 or more people say "it's a zoo at the zoo!" wow. I had no idea Americans used puns so effectively.
Mike, on the other hand, took the camera and pranced and danced all over the place. Literally running from animal to animal. Words cannot express the joy he felt at Hogle Zoo. I've never seen him more camera happy in my life. I had to keep reminding him to take pictures of Mitchell, because, well, after all, my only intention behind all of this was scrapbook related. (And that for Mike, must have translated into "Please take awkward pictures of me only" but whatever)
We were done fairly quick, and Mitch was asleep the last half. But it was a nice little stroll/sprint and now were back to the usual slow paced life I think I prefer, ha.
6 comments:
I love the zoo. What fun! I do, however, try to pick days that are less crowded.
The day was actually perfect, because they put a ton of food out for the animals which made it great to see them. It was hard to compare the zoo to other's I've been too cause I've been to the San Diego zoo and the cbus zoo, it was awesome!
I've been wanting to take Sophie to the zoo. Wish we could have been there too. :)
Hey - was the baby elephant out?
what a big boy at the zoo! too cute.
I heart wheat thins. Good excuse. And great pics. :)
Post a Comment