Sunday, April 5, 2009

We Made It!!!

Finally!! After much whirlwinds, storms, and mighty hail, the sunshine came and warmed our pathetic little town of 20 people, otherwise known as Rexburg, Idaho.

After conference, which was fantastic, by the way, wasn’t it?, Mike and I and our wee little one, otherwise known as the infamous Mitchell Boyd, accompanied by our lovely neighbors and their wee little one, set out for the park of all parks.

It was a nice walk, a peaceful walk. Birds were singing, Mike was skipping, the breeze was softly blowing, Dallan from Sunbeams was humming along on his John Deer bicycle. That’s Idaho for you. Everything anybody owns has a John Deer logo. That, or a potato something or other logo. Better then those Buckeyes from the OH…. Whoops… Did I say that?? I guess I back up with a… “GO BUCKS!!!” heee heee…

We got to the park, laid out a nice blanket, sat, mingled, ate cheerios. I realized Mitch was the only little wee one without a coat. Or long pants. Or a long sleeve shirt. Sweeet. I'm one of those moms, "eh, he'll be fine..."

And he was fine. He loved the grass, and didn't try to eat it. Dad took him down the slide. That was fun for Mike. And Mitch could care less, really. I don't think he even noticed he was on a slide, but whatever. Like I said, it was fun for Mike.

We took him on the swings, and that was fun. He was a little nervous at first, but he got the hang of it. Ahhhhh ..... my little baby's all grown up.

I guess that's it. Not much is happening here, although, we hope something will happen very soon with the whole job ordeal. Mike beat me for the very first time at Monopoly, which is lame, because I had 2 out of the 3 colors of every property, and I mean that, every property. But, of course he landed on all the ones I needed, plus Boardwalk and Park Place, and then wouldn't trade with me. Lame. Lame, lame, lame.


Well that's it, I guess. Do you like Mitch’s hair cut?! I did it myself, I‘m just that cheap…and lets just say the back…haha….needs a little help. Maybe I’ll take pictures of that, later.

And you should all be grateful that this post even exists, because this computer, "@^**&*", keeps kicking me off the internet, and this is the third time I've retyped this whole saga. Meh. If anyone wants to donate to the "Meagan's Mac/Anti-PC for life" fund. Email me. I'll take cash, checks and paypal.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, first of all, you just wish you could beat be once in Monopoly. I'll have you know that she has probably beaten me twice out of the 21 times we have played now. Now, if 19=1 then I didn't pass math class. Anyway, Nice blog, almost as good as mine. Love you. Mike

Kristi said...

Meagan, I love you and I love your blogs. Mitch looks so grown up and so does Mike (going down the slide and all). Love you all.

Tara said...

What fun! I can't wait for warmer weather - we love the park. Good luck on your Mac fund. :)

Anonymous said...

The park looks like it was lots of fun. Mitchell is growing up so fast! He looks like he loved the swings though. We still need to go to the park and try out all the fun toys with Sophie. I hope you guys are doing amazing.

Grandma said...

Hey, wish that I could contribute to your Mac fund but as you may all ready know, I am on a mission, i.e. no income! Park looked like great fun. Oh the joys of having little boys.

Amy said...

I have 2 pennies to donate to your Mac fund. I feel it is a VERY worthy cause and I am more than happy to help. Of course, you will have to come and get it as my car is having struggles. :)