So one day I lost, Mitchell lost, someone lost, the last binky. It was completely clear. I was/am way too huge to bend over and crawl on my hands and knees looking for something that can't ever be seen, so the binky was then decided by me to be over. Mike will say it was all his idea, but no, really it was just an inconvenience to me to try to find it. And it gets soooo old trying to find it. Victory was definitely celebrated. He didn't really even miss it. Though before he went to bed for the first time without his beloved binky, Mike, bless his heart, gave the child a blessing, and I'm just going to attribute all easiness to that. Whew.


And other times he just preferred the terrorist thing. (sorry shelby)
And somewhere between now and then, Mitch has learned how to walk in big people shoes.
And this is my view of the little child. He's getting sooo heavy I'm about to stop picking him up, maybe I should stop, but he now says "Up!" and who can refuse that?



On Friday, I took him to see Despicable Me, and he loved it, and would dance at all the loud parts. We had a little party (again) except he wouldn't eat the carrot cake. What the heck? He liked it last time I made it, stinky kid. 

And like any insane 2 year old, when you ask him a question now, "how old are you?" "where's your nose?" etc, he just screams as loud as he can, and starts dancing in circles.


And then we tried to get him to sleep in his big boy bed, but he's terrified of it. Lucky me. So, I feel like I have about till 8 weeks after the baby gets here, then I'll need the crib. And that's pushing it. Soooo....we're working on it. That nap, by the way, was a good, solid 20 mins. And that, friends, is the current standing record we try to break every night. It's not really working. Maybe I'll just give up and buy another crib, ha, I'm not liking this growing up thing anyway.
Then we decided to fork out a million dollars (or it felt like it) for, um, bunk beds. You know, because it seemed cheaper in the long run. And now, with a crib, bassinet, and half of a bunk bed in one bedroom, it looks like we could feasibly have 4 children in this apartment. Fun. I'm just going to get right on that. Anywho, I'm writing this post during his very first nap in his new bed. We will see how long it actually lasts. I'm betting 5 mins. He picked out the sheets and everything. (um, sports sheets too- Mike was so proud)
And I am so close to finishing his stellar bed quilt, that will be totally great as soon as it is done. Then we'll hang the coordinating sailor quilt up, and it'll look like I care about decorating for the first time in life.
So we decided to take a trip to Ohio this summer, and just got back a week or so ago. We went to cedar point, which is a huge amusement part with like 7 out of the 10 best roller coasters in the world or something crazy like that. And Mike won't keep saying it's "way better than disneyland" even though disneyland is completely different than roller coaster central. And I never said disneyland was better. Just different. Hello. But whatever.
Knowing it was going to be 98 degrees and profusely humid, and knowing walking isn't fun at 7 months pregnant, I decided to go anyway, mostly/completely for mitchell, because I thought he'd have the time of his life. And what mother would want to miss the first carousel ride. But I was sooo wrong. Mitch was hot, tired, and just wanted me to hold him the entire time, and wouldn't sit there long enough for any ride to actually start. Fun. So Mitch and I, and Papa and little clara all took off early, and I have never been more thankful for air conditioning in my entire life.
This is after grandpa bought him a biiiig glass of orange soda. And after I put it in his sippy. Like a great mom, so concerned about nutritional value in his food.
And we did go to a lake. Some big lake. The family went boating/tubing/water skiing. And Mitch and I took a ride in the boat for a little while, but Mitchell didn't really want to sit (he would have much rather jumped off the boat completely) and so we got out and played on the beach for awhile. He's obsessed with all things water. We walked out into the lake till his shoulders were under the water, and the waves would come and try to wash him away and he loved every second of it. And started jumping and screaming when he saw a wave coming to shore. It totally freaks me out. Especially since he doesn't like life jackets, and he didn't really enjoy holding my hand. haha. Someone had to save the little monster. I wish I could have taken more pictures, but you know, somehow my child's life seemed more important.

And Mike got horribly sunburned, and is now peeling like a banana.
Also, the telephone was in his reach. And he enjoyed having many unintelligible conversations with the ring tone. Starting with, "Hiiiii..."
Mostly Mitchell just learned a ton of new words, and wanted to hang out with Shelby the entire time.
Sometimes it was good.
The airport was the most adventurous. We'd be sitting on the chairs, at the terminal, oh so nicely, and he'd get off the chair and dart in the other direction, usually toward the big windows (because he loves airplanes now. apparently.) and that wasn't nearly as frightening as when he'd just take off into a huge crowd of people. No warning signs either. And one time he got half way down the port boarding the plan before I could catch him. We were both so quick we probably could have gotten a free plane ride to Indiana. He's getting faster, and I'm getting fatter. And Michael, is great. He chased him if he saw it happen. But that didn't happen all the time of course, and so usually there was just a lot of people laughing at the screaming, insanely happy, and very very fast toddler, and the hugely pregnant "Stop! Get back here! You are in BIG trouble" screaming woman frantically chasing after him. That, and maybe they were laughing that as soon as I did catch him (usually right after he stopped and turned around with that huge grin on his face) he'd go totally limp. And I, having little to no energy left, would drag him the 100 miles back to our terminal, with him laughing the entire way. I have absolutely no idea what I will do with two children. Cry? probably. Before this trip I was thinking of forgetting the double stroller and just investing in a good wrap for the baby. Now I'm leaning towards benadryl and leashes. A leash that is conveniently embedded in my bones or something graphic. And a large caffeinated diet coke and a double dose of advil for me. And some happy pills for mike. I think he wanted to kill everyone by the end of our 6 hour adventure. Long(ish) layovers, crappy food, and unusually unruly, screaming toddlers just wasn't his cup of tea I guess. 
And Mitchell still is on his yogurt, applesauce, jello, banana, the occasional piece of toast, waffles, pancake and spaghetti diet. Well, plus the soda, m&ms and all things sweet. The child will not eat meat or any sort of vegetable. Maybe corn. Only sometimes. I'm about to try tofu, but I have absolutely no idea how to make or cook it, and that's a long shot that he'd actually like it and eat it. Though, he is now eating oatmeal. baby steps.
And Mitchell still is on his yogurt, applesauce, jello, banana, the occasional piece of toast, waffles, pancake and spaghetti diet. Well, plus the soda, m&ms and all things sweet. The child will not eat meat or any sort of vegetable. Maybe corn. Only sometimes. I'm about to try tofu, but I have absolutely no idea how to make or cook it, and that's a long shot that he'd actually like it and eat it. Though, he is now eating oatmeal. baby steps.
And he's officially in his terrible twos. Where does time go? Since he turned two, we figured two parties was totally necessary. ha. Really I'm just my mother's child who makes a huge deal out of birthdays. And Mike wanted to have a celebration in Ohio, since we were there so close to his actual birthday. The more the merrier.
In Ohio, after Mitchell had nothing but applesauce for dinner, we let him fill up on a Boston creme pie and ice cream. And Mitchell loved opening presents! Finally! We got him some books and a play dough set that he loved. And Papa gave him an Ohio state t-shirt (an absolute necessity if you want to belong in the family) and Aunt Cheri gave him some more books that he loves. And I love that he loves books.
4 comments:
I will have to say, the best part was the benadryl and leashes. And of course, Ohio. Yeah it was amazing to be at cedar point, she didn't mention, some of us actually got to ride the rides at Cedar Point. Chris, Shelby, Cheri, and I all went.
Hey, I liked the shot of the big fat belly. Way cool!
Hey I know I'm a little fat but woah bro, lol.
What comment was deleted by author???? No fun. Hey I loved the Ohio photo's......he is a great kid. Let's keep him.
Post a Comment