Sunday, January 4, 2009

Holiday Bliss

As dear old Mikey and I sit here, enjoying the bliss of nighttime routines, and the last of Santa candy, we thought we relay to you our fantastic holiday season (we thrive on political correctness, here at the Taylor household). And, as an added bonus, after much request (....maybe...), we're switching paragraphs!!! Mike here will continue in the following paragraph, and I the next, et cetera, et cetera, et cetera!

So we went down to Draper, UT to visit Meagan's parents for Christmas this year. We headed down there the 23rd because we wanted to surprise her mom and show up a day early without telling her, it turned out to be amazing. We walked in the door, and she started crying because she loves me more than Meagan and I walked in the door first. She said, "Oh Mike I have been so excited to see you", she proceeded to kiss my feet and rub them for hours (I wish meagan gave me the same treatment when I came home from work, rude.)

Geez, men are ARROGANT. And Mike forgot to mention we walked in during the middle of the prayer, that was awkward. But it was good to see family. And the nativity was lovely. And Mitch got his first grandma book, or great-grandma book, as the case is- a darling little board book about sheep, jeeps, leaps, and heaps. Mitch was also spoiled during the real Christmas eve, with another grandma book, about fingers, toes, and babies. I think this is a fantastic tradition for my little bookworm.

Well, now that Meagan summarized our whole vacation in one paragraph, I will proceed to talk about some other stuff. So that next day was christmas eve. We got up late, which felt amaziing, and we played board games all morning long. I was dominant, obviously. We then opened pajamas at 4 o'clock. My personal favorite were Thomas's Wii pajamas which he wore to impress Tabitha on their first date together, way to go Thomas. We won't discuss what she wore. Meagan got some felt pajamas from Old Navy and I got a shirt which was too tight and pants that were too big. SO LAME. Mitch got a one-z pajama set from mom and dad with animals on it.

Hm.... felt pajamas, and one-z pajamas. HA! I'd also like to mention that Mike picked out his own pajamas, any differing in size is his own fault. Conserning Christmas Eve, we ate Chinese, and we're really proud of mom for not blending it up..... it's all one step closer to hearty steak and juju fruits. Christmas morning was magical. Mitch got loaded, thanks to Santa, who definitely likes to spoil perfect children. Mitch got a jumper, and lots of fun little toys, and plenty of books. I guess the year to buy more books over toys is the first. Ten years from now, books might not be such a big hit, but we hope so.

I might add that Thomas and I went to get the chinese food, and the lady working there didn't know a lick of english and it literally took us a half hour to order the food. Christmas overall was fun. I was hard for me to leave Meagan for five days after christmas for the holidays so that her mom could see Mitch. We ended up spending new years with her family too which was fun, especially Kristi's hogies which were really good. It was too bad we all got strep throat and thanks to Paul we're all healed now because of his drugs which he let us have.

Okay, wait! First, Mike came back to New Years with strep throat, and I, having not seen him for 5 days, kissed him....dang it. But we are lucky for Paul, that is true. It was fun for me to spend some time with my mom and family, and a nice break too- between mom, Em, and Madee, all I have to do is feed Mitch. And yes, that includes stinky diapers.

And since Mike, being a man, thinks the story is finished, I guess I'll take over..... the New Year's Eve party was so much fun, the sandwichs were amazing, as usual, and I dare say this was the funniest White Elephant yet. We ended up with a lazor gun and a robot that walks I think....

The best part was seeing all the people we love....

Happy New Year!!!

3 comments:

Grandma said...

Oh, Meags, sounds like you all had a great time. Sorry that we missed it all. Mitch is adorable. I am glad that you were able to spend time with your mom.

sara said...

Somehow we have your robot. I'm not sure how that happened. We're holding him for ransom. . . Whoohahahahah!!!

Anonymous said...

What a great Christmas. I like the swing thing that Mitchell got. Sophie has a exersaucer but she gets mad at the toys because she tries to eat them and then she hurts her mouth. So we just put it in the basement. I'm sorry you got sick but I'm glad you are all better. I hope 2009 is a great year for you. :)